Mae’s Crafty Creations

A June Christmas Blog Hop

Merry June-Christmas and welcome to the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop.  I you arrived from Lori Palmer's blog you are on the right track.  I am next on the list.  Today I am sharing with you this sweet Tilda image.  Don't you just love her coat?  What fun things you can do with this.  I love the fact I could use non-traditional colors.  Even though Christmas mainly is reds and greens, I used this wonderful Basic Grey paper pack called Eskimo Kisses and sure enough they used pinks, light blues, soft greens along with the more traditional reds & greens.
I was shocked at how many copics I really ended up using and did I write them down before I put them away...NO.  Next time I will do better.  Promise.  It is a little late for me - not like putting this off to the last minute and I need to hit the hay for work tomorrow.
Here she is all close and personal.  I tried to straighten the picture but my photo program isn't the best for editing.  I am using Corel Photo Album 7 and would love your suggestions.  I don't think I need something too high tech just easier to work with.  

You can visit the Christmas blog for a full listing of all the participants along with a neat slide show of our projects.  Now it is time to hop on over to Marcia's blog.  Thanks for stopping by! Hugz.

15 comments:

Kylie said...

So cute! I love your card. Lovely colours,
Hugs
Kylie

Nady said...

so cute!!
hugs
Nadyne xx
http://lescartesdenady.blogspot.com/

Danielle Champagne said...

Very sweet card!Tilda is pretty in pink. Hugs.
Danielle.

Peggie said...

Sweet card. Love the colors.

Kathy said...

Very pretty, love the soft colors you used from the Basic Grey paper, looks so soft and pretty. Lovely coloring.

charlene said...

very pretty I love the colors your coloring looks really good.
Hugs

Deb said...

Very cute! She's colored so perfectly--makes me want to let her come in from the cold! Great job!

Robin said...

Fun card...I love the colors and the Basic Grey paper!!! TFS!

Autumn said...

Very cute, love the colors! I use corel paint shop pro photo x2 and that was has a straightening tool. I've been usuing corel for years...have you tried to turn it manually...I have so many of their programs I don't remember which ones does this, but you will probably find more options in a photo editing software as compared with one that's more for organizing. Hope this helps a bit!

Danni said...

Oh so pretty, Mae!!

Julie said...

What a cute card. I love the nontraditional colors.

Thanks for joining us in the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop!

Julie

Norma said...

Mae, lovely card. I like Christmas cards in non-tradional colours. Sometimes they make a nice change from all the reds and greens...LOL. Beautiful job you've done with the card.

Just a thought on the close-up picture. If you crop it even closer to the image--don't show the blue and green frames, just show the white background--then Tilda won't look so tilted at all...LOL. I don't know my way around a Photo Shop. All I know how to do is crop...hee hee.

Hugs.
Norma

Brandi said...

Super cute Mae! Love the soft pretty colors. :)

Monique said...

Beautifull !!

Hugs Monique

Anonymous said...

So cute Mae :0) I love the picture and the background paper! You've got talent!!