Mae’s Crafty Creations

Summer Fun & a SNR Happy Hour

I can’t believe it is Thursday again.  Where did the week go???  Well Sunday our son went off to football camp over in eastern WA.  Their weather is hotter than over on this side of the mountains so I know the Gatorade supply our booster club sent over is being used up.  Nic isn’t that great of a communicator (what 16 year old guy is) so I just get one word responses to my text messages.  When I ask if it is hot…he says YA.  Is he having fun…YA.  I don’t get that.  Must be because I am girl. 
Both hubby and son forgot my birthday on Sunday.  I purposely didn’t say a word or leave any hints for them.  Makes a gal feel bad, ya know?  I gave hubby a break and asked him while we were relaxing Sunday afternoon where he was taking me to dinner.  He said what for.  So I waited a bit and asked again.  He just shook his head.  So I then asked him what day it was.  Well you could see the gears turning and after a minute while he verified the date on his watch…he said “it’s your birthday”.  BINGO!!!  So he made up for it in the end & I hope he checks the calendar more often next year.  Nic didn’t get it until I almost spelled it out for him, then the light came on.
************************************************************************
Today I have a fun new summer image from Shirley’s 2 Girls.  These summer icons are wonderful.  So fun and useful for so many things.  Perfect for cards as they are but they can be used on your summer scrapbook pages or as a special image with other themes.  Our challenge is to incorporate Orange into our project.  At first I didn’t associate orange with summer…but just looking at a sunset or sunrise how could you not!!!



I cut the images out & matted each one added some ribbon and a sweet charm.  The dp is also from the summer line that the girls created.  The colors are just wonderful. 
Join in tonight at SNR for the S2G Happy Hour from 5 to 6 pm PST.  Several of the design team members will be attending with some fun digis and projects.  Bring your favorite drink, imagination and be ready to chat away.  Have a wonderful day and check out the rest of the design team’s creations.  I have them listed on my S2G Design Team tab above.  Have a great Thursday!!!

5 comments:

Wendalyn said...

Your card is adorable..

Jane Wetzel said...

Groovy is right! cute card!

Ann English said...

Love your card! Happy Belated Birthday, Mae! Leave it to men-you got to give them a heads up or you' might be disappointed, my friend!

Georgia said...

Hi Mae, Love the color combo on your card. I like how you did the edging on the digi stamps.

Chris said...

this card is so so fun. I love all the images and the paper.