Mae’s Crafty Creations

Watermellon Kid

I am sharing such a fun card today.  This summer digi image from Shirley’s 2 Girls is such a cutie.  How could you not love that face, those freckles (my son has tons) and his tooth sticking out?  Our twist for this week was to use a summer accessory.  I was stumped for ideas but my lovely design team filled my inbox with ideas and I was able to pick up these ant brads.  I love them.  I do have to say this is my most favorite S2G card to date.  The summer dp is from S2G and is just wonderful. I created this boxed image card from a tutorial over on Splitcoast stampers.


 I used last week’s twist again and added orange to pop out the flowers.  Here is a close-up of the image.  I cut him out, colored him with copics and added a touch of glitter with my spica clear pen.  Just a touch of pizzazz.
Thanks for stopping by.  Head over to the store to pick up your image of this cute Watermellon Kid and have some fun with your project.  While you are there you can see all the wonderful digital images and paper packages the store has to offer.  Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Adorable, love the little ants!

She's a Color Queen said...

This is soooo cute and bright. Love the ants!!

Chris said...

he's adorable, your some must be too. I'm a sucker for freckles. great card.

Danni said...

This made me smile! How totally fun!

Cat said...

Love your card, Mae! The colors are so bright and cheerful! The ants are the perfect touch!

Ann English said...

Mae, this card is so cute-just love everything about it!

Peggie said...

The ants are such a perfect addition to this card. I love the frame for this young lad. I love watermelons also.