Mae’s Crafty Creations

You Miss Me???

Has it really been since December 23rd since I last posted to my blog?  Hard to believe it has been that long. Also just as hard to believe it has been that long since I enjoyed creating a card.  There are many reasons why but I won't bore you with the details.  I am back in the swing of things and excited to share this fun spring/summer time image from Victoria Case for SCACD.  This stamp is called Lazy Days and I was fortunate enough to win this new release last year.  I realized I had not inked up any of them yet...bad, bad Mae.
The layout is from Suzanne's Color Me Creative Classroom 1st Birthday Bash.  There were two challenges and I tied them together into one card.  The other challenge was to use yellows, purples, creams/whites.  My bases card is white then I used Stampin Up cardstock and BasicGrey Wisteria patterned paper.  I also, for the first time, used my Marianne Design dies and my copics.
Here is a close up of this cutie.  I just love her hat.  I personally don't wear hats (they muss the hair you know) but if I had one this nice I sure would.  I cut the image out and popped it up with foam squares.  Helps it stand out more, don't you think.
                                   
I even completed the inside of the card.  I normally don't but I had extra dies and didn't want to waste them.  Now the card is complete...just needs a note or sentiment.  I even used my Martha Stewart edges punch for the first time.  So tell me what you think.  It felt good to get back in the game!!!

1 comments:

Peggie said...

Really cute card. I just love this image.